In light of the highly contagious nature of COVID-19, at The Donkey Sanctuary of Canada we have taken steps to ensure the safety and health of our staff, volunteers, as well as those of the animals in our care:
- The volunteer training program has been suspended until further notice.
- All non-animal care staff are working remotely and only animal care staff are permitted on site. This means no visitors, business partners, volunteers or non-animal care staff. Essential deliveries like fuel are excepted, as well as the Environmental Committee who will continue to park and work in the fields only.
- DSC Foster Farm site visits have been suspended as well as drop offs, intake (unless it is an emergency), non-essential surgeries/animal referrals, and non-essential travel (picking up supplies, etc.)
- Messaging will change as the situation with COVID-19 requires.
- Ongoing communication is particularly important in the face of so much isolation. We welcome your comments on all of our social media and we will keep you up to date on new developments regarding the animals and the affairs of the DSC.
- Take good care of yourself. Sandra